Less than 48 hours before Course 2 work is due. Cutting it close, but I will get there — albeit with bullet points in lieu of full prose.
Course 2: 21st Century Literacy Ideas, Questions, and Issues Reflection
- Came across great resources for digital citizenship curriculum. Two books look particularly helpful. – Digital Community, Digital Citizen by Jason Ohler, Digital Citizenship in Schools by ISTE.
- Googling myself will become a habit to track digital footprints. I found out that a non-functioning website was still linked to my name, so I took care of that.
- Copyright and fair use are still fuzzy in my head, but I will not shy away from talking with the students about these important (and confusing) concepts.
- Jane McGonigal’sTED talk on the positive potential of gaming was totally intriguing. Must share this with my students.
- Attended pecha kucha night at YIS. Shared this with our Director of Curriculum, and we’ll continue discussion about doing pecha kucha and/or mini TED talks on our campus for professional development. I let him know my interest in being part of that.
- Glad to see teachers involved and serious about dealing with cyber bullying. Definitely not just the counselor’s job.
- My work blog ES counselors’ blog needs a branding makeover.
- Collaboration continues to be the best part of the course.
- Bought Wired magazine for the first time ever, and some of the articles actually made sense! (This may be my biggest success for the course)
*picture of the magazine taken by me